Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MM OLIVIA!


In class we did a couple of activities to find out what our profile was and my one is MM, I am also in the gestalt section. If you don't know what gestalt means it is from germany and means that you learn and think in a smooth but surprising way. You don't like to be told what to do in order but prefer to just go with the flow. 

The profile MM say that I am able to learn best through movement and by focusing on the whole picture. I honestly don't agree with this at all I prefer to be sitting down and listening and looking. Also I prefer to have things written down one after another so I know what I am doing. Looking at whole picture normally confuses me a lot, but they also say things about me that are definitely true. They say when I am under stress I may feel clumsy and stuck and don't know what to do. This definitely explains me when I am stressed and down at times.

To help me I can be encouraged that learning is very important and when I am feeling down I  also need encouragement. It also says sitting near the front of the class where I can see but can't distract others with movement should help me. I think that this should help me quite a bit and will sit near the front when I am having difficulties at paying attention. Also I feel that I learn better by having someone near by who is able to help me when I am stuck, not to give me the answers but just to be their for support. A student who understands what I need help with would be perfect for sitting beside in class.

I think that the MM profile is 50% true and 50% not true about me, sometimes I feel like I need to sit alone when I have loads of work to do but if I need help I prefer sitting near somebody. Knowing that this is my profile I would like to improve some of the things that they think I am bad at. Also I would like to keep up the positive things about me like being able to see the whole picture straight away and things similar to that. It helps knowing what my profile is and for the most part I am happy with this I put myself down as being left handed but when we tested me I can actually do most things with both hands, so that is probably why some of the facts don't actually suit me. I am really excited that I was able to find out that I can write with both hands!



No comments:

Post a Comment