Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas

After reading The Boy inThe Striped Pyjamas in class as well as watching the movie I have a lot to reflect on. After finishing this book I felt astonished and hot my self how has this ever happened? Is this honestly true? After watching the movie, being able not just reward about it but see it made it skink into me. This did happen, terrible things are always happening.

Something that came to my mind was the meaning of peace. have we ever come close to it? Do we even understand the meaning of peace? No. So far nobody has explained the meaning of piece who knows if peace exists.

This is one of many stories of World War 2. This book shows and different prospective of the War, a prospective of a German boy. Innocent and kind Bruno doesn't understand what is going on around him. Most books are written fromthe prospective of Jews not so many people look into the Germans side of the story.

The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne was a great and heart touching book. That help me understand the War a lot. I would definitely recommend this book for all ages. World War 2 is such an interesting topic although can get complicated. This book sums it up simply and quickly. 5 Stars!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment